RPG interest check

This forum is to meant to serve as a hub to discuss any RPG ideas whether theoretical or not

Moderators: pinksoyuz, Kusuriurite, Strikey, DarenDF, Nomad, scarththegrim, Draco, kTravio

TATARI

RPG interest check

Postby TATARI » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:27 am

These days I have time and money. If I were to put together another Gundam RPG of some sort, would anyone be interested?

Not sure whether I'd do another setting, or just take FI:NE's system and setting and iron out some of the bumps, and add some new systems I've been pondering.

I still have the database backups. If I wanted to, I could have planetgundam back up in a couple of hours.

MING

Re: RPG interest check

Postby MING » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:08 am

Well, I'll go ahead and put myself here as being interested.

TATARI

Postby TATARI » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Okay, I've gotten sufficient replies, this is officially A Thing(tm). Expect the website back up sometime after the weekend of the 3rd. I plan to make a number of rules updates, add some IBO content (on Mars, naturally), and so forth.

System improvements:
-I'm getting rid of "only teams can have fleets", and also the rule that "teams dissolve without HQs". You will still need some kinda HQ to conduct business with the team account.
-NPC VP percentage nonsense is gone. Grunts exist to make y'all look good while you are killing them. That being said don't expect to be chopping through people Gundam Wing style. I feel that writers will probably be able to handle this. As a very general rule of thumb, I feel your average player is going to be able to handle some number of grunts on their own, depending on what they and the grunts are flying.
-In combination with above, a more granular damage state for bases (and possibly ships as well) reflecting the general difficulty of getting something that covers miles of space completely trashed. It'll be possible to knock bases out of action and leave a lot of the stuff messed up but obliterating one completely will be quite hard. Though a sufficiently trashed base may require quite a lot of time and money to bring back to 100%...
-Rogues will be able to choose a minor faction to align with immediately when they join if they so desire.
-EU NPCs will no longer autogrif Rogues moving through their territory just for existing. This will only happen if you're specifically on their shitlist.
-Enhanced piracy. Target specific things, including mobile suit shipments. Make war pay for itself!
-Possibly some sort of equipment design/customization thing. I would like things not to get quite so out of hand as GC but I think some customization should be doable.
-More joinable SRW units.
-Less Troika harassing people on their side boards, and otherwise being lazy and belligerent. ;p
-MORE VLAD
-IBO content on Mars. Also, you can hitch a ride with NPCs to travel between planets if you lack a ship.
-AGE remains dead to me. You may still join as AGE suits.
-You can now mail order NPC units at some bases for a slight (5-10%ish) markup.

This isn't everything, obviously, but it's off the top of my head.

TATARI

Postby TATARI » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:53 pm

If y'all have a second, please fill this out: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/wPeJSfBP

It's just a quick two question poll to let me know whether people want a reset to the start of the RPG politics-wise, or if player actions should be taken into account with a 5 year time skip, and the second question is about the update schedule.

Return to “RPG Workshop”